Friday, March 25, 2011

Where the F is Storyville?

Since I left Kemah shortly before Christmas I have traveled roughly 1300
miles. The entire time I have been within VHF radio distance, if not
within sight of Storyville. I have lived next to Storyville both at
Watergate and at Portofino for 14 months before we left together. They
are dear friends and have supported me emotionally 100% during some very
troublesome times, they are truly family.

Also on my mind is Renee & Stacey on Pipe muh Bligh. They also provided
a significant "crutch" when I needed it.

It was a sad night last night to say "Until next time", I will miss the
good folks on Pipe & Storyville dearly. We have plans to meet up around
Christmas in the Virgins, I hope things work out for all of us.

Be safe and have fun!

On a lighter note.... Sailing to Rum Cay today has been, well, really
motoring. The headsail was out most of the day but there really wasn't
any wind to fill it.

The highlight today was my hour long battle with a fish, my fore arms
are tired and swelled up like Popeye. When I finally got the fish next
to the boat it was a 6 foot Barricuda. I didn't keep it, don't want to
get cigateria. Not sure how to spell that. By the time I got my hook
out we were both exhausted, I hope the fish lived.

When I got to the anchorage at Rum Cay I was greeted by friends on Crows
Nest. Had a sundowner with them. They are planning on heading South to
Luperon but at a slower pace than me.

After Rum Cay I plan on having my anchor down at Mayaguan by Monday so
that I can wait out the next bit of weather, then on to the Turks. Not
sure of my route to Mayaguana yet. Check the spot location for updates.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment