Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year from Key West!!!

Made it to Key West a few days ago.  It was a pretty uneventful Gulf crossing, we motorsailed almost the whole way.  We did catch two fish, I think they were Little Tunny.  Rick did a great job of cooking them up that night.  I forgot how many stars there are.  It really takes getting away from all of the city lights to see how amazing it is.

New Years Eve was spent on Duval Street here in Key West.  The place was packed, there was all kinds of wierdness going on.  The last time I remember looking at my watch is was 3:30 am, a very late night.  We slept in the next day but did manage to drag ourselves over to Storyville for black eyed peas and cabbage.

Rick had to take off on Monday, he was a great asset to have on this trip, Thanks again Rick!!!  If anybody out there is looking for crew give him a shout, I can't recommend him enough, he even cooks!!!  Also, if you are looking to buy or sell a boat he can help you out.  His cell number is 832-738-6251.

The other day while getting on and off the boat I noticed something wrapped around the prop and shaft, I dove on it yesterday afternoon.  A trash bag, a big one like you would put your leaves in.  I have no idea when or where we picked that up, just glad it didn't cause a problem on the way here.

I spent today, Tuesday, jerry canning water, diesel, and gas to my boat.  5 gallons of gas, 10 gallons of diesel and 30 gallons of water.  In the process I almost had a seaplane land on me.  I couldn't believe it, the guy brought his plane down right at the entrance to the Key West Marina.  I was half paying attention as I left the marina while loaded down with diesel and water, I saw this plane flying low and thought to myself, there is no way that guy is going to land his plane here... he did.  I am glad the plane slowed down as fast as it did when it hit the water.

Took a tour around the island with Troy and Deana on our rented bikes & got some necessities, Rum.

Oh yea, I got a tattoo, it's been a long time coming just needed to get in the right latitude.   I will post pictures soon.

It sure is a lot of hard work having fun in paradise!!

I added a new link at the top of the blog whre you can buy Anchor Management merchandise.

No comments:

Post a Comment