Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Feeling pressure from my "friends" to get an update out, so here it is...


Picking up from Debs last post...  The final week with Deb on the boat went by toooooo fast and pesky work still got in the way of some of our fun.  She had to take off on the 15th of May, our final stop was Trellis bay on Tortola.  It is a very convenient spot to pick up and drop off people at the airport, it is a 5 minute walk to the airport from the dinghy dock.


My college roommate came to visit on the 25th and stayed for a week.  We had a good time, hit all of the hotspots in the BVIs including Anegada which is a very flat island a bit out of the way from the rest of the BVIs.  The downside of Kevin's visit... it rained every single day he was there and was overcast when it wasn't raining.  The upside was some great snorkeling we did at the Caves and Monkey Point.


After Kevin left my plan was to put the boat on the hard at Nanny Cay on Tortola but I changed my mind. I am selling my boat so that I can buy a 4 cabin charter boat and work down in the Virgins.  I decided that it would be easier to sell back in the US.


So, on the 29th of May I did a fast but mostly easy sail back to the Domincan Republic.  Crossing the Mona passage from East to West is much easier than West to East.  I took the boat to Luperon and caught up with my frineds on Storyville and Pipe muh Bligh, with their help the check in process was easy.  My only advice is bring exact change, make sure you can break a $100 bill because you won't get any change.  I spent a few fun days catching up with these friends, I hadn't seen them in several months. On June 4th I flew back to Austin to hang out with Deb for 10 days before flying down to St. Lucia to pick up a Gemini 104 catamaran that my business partner and I bought and bring it back to Florida to sell.  It will be posted on www.govauctionsonline.com soon.  Check it out as well as my boat.


If you would like to follow our progress as we bring this boat back follow this link:  
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0xAq8LFz7ziR67Hs6mzt4YVblqrMmRkO1
If the link doesn't work, try copying and pasting it to your browser's address bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment