Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ready?

I can't believe how much money and time I am spending on a boat that
was pretty much ready to go.
Seriously, if push came to shove I probably could have cut the dock
lines and been fine. However I find that the longer I stay here the
more stuff I think I need so I buy.

Why haven't I left yet? Two words... wind generator. Troy from
Storyville(http://love2sail.blogspot.com/) gave me a pole to mount a
wind generator about two weeks ago. At the time I didn't have a wind
generator but thought it would be a good idea to get one. Bought the
wind generator but since then I have been waiting on a stainless
welder to mount the pole on the boat. Monday!!!! Monday is the day
he is supposed to be here.

So today to keep myself busy I purchased & installed the line for the
third reef(hope to never ever need to use it), went up the mast and
inspected the rigging(no problems), showed the boat to Trey Harris,
the guy that is going to crew to Key West(http://www.freewebs.com/boathippie/
). I also ran the wiring for the wind generator. Trey worked on
mounting extra jerry cans.

The plan is to leave Wednesday, hope to get out of here!!

1 comment:

  1. I saw on FB you all are on your way! Congrats and safe sailing. Keep us posted on your adventure so those of us stuck in the rat race can live vicariously through you all!

    God speed!

    ReplyDelete